A Certified Flight Instructor for Instrument allows you to teach Instruments to students and better further your career, in addition to staying current on Instrument flying. Being a CFII also makes you more versatile and valuable to any perspective employer.
To be eligible for Airplane Certified Flight Instructor for Instrument – CFII, a person must:
- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language, or have such operating limitations placed on his/her pilot certificate as are necessary for safety.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Obtain books & supplies
- Hold either a Commercial/Instrument Airplane Certificate or Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
- Obtain at least 3 hours of airplane instruction and any necessary as to be proficient to pass the FAA flight examination
- Have at least 15 hours as Pilot in Command in an Airplane
Average course completion time: 1 to 3 weeks