The Commercial License is for students planning to engage in pilot task for compensation or hire. The commercial training includes requirements in addition to the requirements for private pilot.
To be eligible for a Commercial Pilot Certificate, a person must:
- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language, or have such operating limitations placed on his/her pilot certificate as are necessary for safety.
- Hold at least a valid second-class medical certificate
- Hold at least a private pilot certificate
- Obtain books & supplies
- Ground School (Approx. 10 hours)
- Obtain a minimum of 150 flight hours:
- Dual – 40
- Solo/PIC – 110 hours
- Pass a FAA written, oral, and flight examination
Average course completion time: 3 to 6 months