Whirly-Girls 2018 Helicopter Scholarships Deadline Extended to October 15th
The deadline for applications for the multitude of excellent opportunities has been extended to October 15, 2017. Awards are available for both experienced and new pilots See all the details here and get your application in now! Select from one or more of the following available scholarships which are to be formally awarded at the annual Whirly-Girls Awards Banquet at Heli-Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Whirly-Girls Memorial Flight Training Scholarship
- Whirly-Girls Helicopter Add-on Flight Training Scholarship
- Advanced Mountain Flight Training Scholarship
- Airbus Flight Training Scholarship
- Antipodean Aviation and Embry-Riddle Wire and Obstacle Environment Awareness Course Scholarship
- Embry-Riddle Commercial Helicopter Pilot Ground School Course Scholarship
- Erickson Vertical Reference/External Load Scholarship
- FlightSafety International Bell 206 Scholarship
- ForeFlight Pro Plus
- Garmin GTN & G500/600 Course Scholarship
- Night Flight Concepts Night Vision Goggles Initial Pilot Qualification Scholarship
- Oregon Aero CRM/AMRM Instructor Training Scholarship
- Robinson Helicopter R22/R44 Safety Course Scholarship
- Robinson Helicopter R66 Safety Course Scholarship
- Survival Systems USA Aircraft Ditching Course Scholarship
- The Thurn-Herr Annual Advanced Training Scholarship
In evaluating scholarship applications, the judges look for evidence that you have a set goal in mind for the scholarship training, that there is a good probability that you will succeed, that you will go on to reap benefits from your training, and that you are the type of person that will share your talents with others.
Judges look for evidence of the following:
- Goal for the flight training specified.
- Experience, service to others, and what others have to say about you through your letters of recommendation.
- Achievements in life, particularly in aviation and the helicopter industry.
- Attitude toward self and others, as shown through the entire application package.
- Neatness, ability to follow instructions, completeness and accuracy of your application.
- Reliability, motivation, and commitment to success as shown through prior employment, jobs and activities, and service to others.
- Dedication to your career as shown through prior employment, especially in the helicopter industry.
- Ability to accept responsibility and teamwork as shown through prior jobs and activities.
- Financial need.