WAI will award more than 110 scholarships to members at every stage of life valued at nearly $633,000. Applications for 2018 scholarships are due November 13, 2017.
Scholarship awards are a major benefit of membership in Women in Aviation International. In the past 20 years, WAI has disbursed more than $10 million to its members to help them reach their goals and advance into the aviation and aerospace careers they have always dreamed about. Read the success stories of past scholarship winners in the special 20th anniversary publication WAI Scholarships Change Lives.
Thanks to our generous sponsors, there is truly something for every interest.
The 2018 scholarship program will begin in July and run through November 13, 2017. Applicants must be a member of Women in Aviation International by November 1, 2017, and may apply for no more than three scholarships. Internships are not included in the three per member scholarship limit.
2018 WAI Scholarship Application
Contact Scholarship Coordinator Donna Wallace with any additional questions.
Whirly-Girls 2018 Helicopter Scholarships Deadline Extended to October 15th
The deadline for applications for the multitude of excellent opportunities has been extended to October 15, 2017. Awards are available for both experienced and new pilots See all the details here and get your application in now! Select from one or more of the following available scholarships which are to be formally awarded at the annual Whirly-Girls Awards Banquet at Heli-Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Whirly-Girls Memorial Flight Training Scholarship
- Whirly-Girls Helicopter Add-on Flight Training Scholarship
- Advanced Mountain Flight Training Scholarship
- Airbus Flight Training Scholarship
- Antipodean Aviation and Embry-Riddle Wire and Obstacle Environment Awareness Course Scholarship
- Embry-Riddle Commercial Helicopter Pilot Ground School Course Scholarship
- Erickson Vertical Reference/External Load Scholarship
- FlightSafety International Bell 206 Scholarship
- ForeFlight Pro Plus
- Garmin GTN & G500/600 Course Scholarship
- Night Flight Concepts Night Vision Goggles Initial Pilot Qualification Scholarship
- Oregon Aero CRM/AMRM Instructor Training Scholarship
- Robinson Helicopter R22/R44 Safety Course Scholarship
- Robinson Helicopter R66 Safety Course Scholarship
- Survival Systems USA Aircraft Ditching Course Scholarship
- The Thurn-Herr Annual Advanced Training Scholarship
In evaluating scholarship applications, the judges look for evidence that you have a set goal in mind for the scholarship training, that there is a good probability that you will succeed, that you will go on to reap benefits from your training, and that you are the type of person that will share your talents with others.
Judges look for evidence of the following:
- Goal for the flight training specified.
- Experience, service to others, and what others have to say about you through your letters of recommendation.
- Achievements in life, particularly in aviation and the helicopter industry.
- Attitude toward self and others, as shown through the entire application package.
- Neatness, ability to follow instructions, completeness and accuracy of your application.
- Reliability, motivation, and commitment to success as shown through prior employment, jobs and activities, and service to others.
- Dedication to your career as shown through prior employment, especially in the helicopter industry.
- Ability to accept responsibility and teamwork as shown through prior jobs and activities.
- Financial need.
Whirly-Girls scholarship deadline approaches
The applications for the 2017 scholarships are here!
THE SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 1, 2016.
The Whirly-Girls, International Women Helicopter Pilots is offering three new scholarships: the Garmin GTN and G500/600 Course scholarship, the Night Flight Concepts Night Vision Goggle Initial Pilot Qualification scholarship, and the Robinson Helicopter R66 Safety Course scholarship. The group also offers 10 additional scholarships. Applications cost $50 and are due Oct. 1. For more information and to download the scholarship applications, visit the Whirly-Girls website.
Ceci Stratford, a pilot from Simi Valley, California, gives back to aviation by sponsoring Flight Training scholarships. Click here for more details!