Next AOPA Part 107 Free Seminar, December 2, 2017 – Register Here Now!
DRONE TRAINING COURSE OPTIONS
- Part 107 sUAS Test Prep
- Professional 30-Hour Commercial Training
- Specialty and Technical Training
- Introduction to Drones
1. Part 107 sUAS Test Prep Course – 10 Hours
One-on-one individual tutoring to prepare you for the FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification
Learn from seasoned flight professionals with extensive experience in both manned and unmanned operations. Our instructors have successfully taught thousands of students worldwide in commercial and military environments in all aspects of remote pilot operations.
This 10-hour course will prepare you to pass the FAA initial or recurrent test. All study guides and course materials are provided – including an interactive CBT program for Windows, MAC, iOS, or Android with over 500 of the FAA Remote Pilot test questions. Our experts will personally guide you through all areas of knowledge required by the FAA to achieve the highest score on your exam. Since it is one-on-one, you can take the course over two 5-hour days, or split it up into as little as two-hour sessions per day. Although this specialized course is designed for individual tutoring, we can accommodate small groups for associated parties or companies.
“[We] appreciate you setting this up, the class went great. We all learned a lot and feel a lot more comfortable about taking this test. The instructor was very knowledgeable and could not have helped us better, he was fantastic. Just wanted to relay that to you […] appreciate your help.”
2. Professional Unmanned Systems Training for Industry and Career Pilots
Comprehensive UAV / UAS / Drone flight training for Part 107 sUAS commercial knowledge and compliance requirements and for legacy FAA 333 Operators
Professional instruction for those serious about a career in commercial UAV operations. Our instructors have thousands of hours experience training on all manner of systems for both civilian and military clients, flying all types of missions from commercial surveying, mapping, inspection, search and rescue, feature films, television, music videos, and sporting events, to training civilian and military operators in war zones.
Our senior instructors are FAA-licensed private and commercial pilots. Your training will include guidance through the newly emerging FAA regulations governing UAV/UAS operations.
We can also combine your unmanned training with a conventional fixed-wing or rotorcraft pilot license in order to meet the minimum requirements for legal FAA operations.
If your interest is being a payload or camera operator, we will provide comprehensive instruction on the techniques and procedures for filming, imaging, mapping and more.
Primary Instruction – 30 Flight Hours
- Multi-rotor, airplane, or helicopter flight accomplishing basic flight maneuvers
- Learn precision control, intermediate-to-advanced flight skills, emergency recovery, and resource management
- 20 hours of simulator training
- Integrated ground instruction covering setup, systems, controls, avionics, batteries, safety, maintenance, FAA regulations and compliance, records and logbooks, and aircraft registration and markings
- Meet the FAA Part 107 sUAS aeronautical knowledge requirements for the FAA practical test and remote pilot certificate
- Open enrollment; start any time based on your availability and schedule
- One-on-one individual training allowing you to progress at your own pace
- Senior instructors with extensive real-world experience, from training the military to Emmy Award-winning aerial cinematographers, versed in all areas of operations from mapping, sensors, imaging, data collection, telemetry, inspection, agriculture and surveillance
- All books/materials included
3. Specialty and Technical Training
Advanced training in industry specialties and technically advanced operations
Going beyond basic flight and operational competence, these advanced courses take you through the specifics of various industrial and special uses of sUAS and larger drones. These are top-level technical classes for advanced users, or those serious about entering these fields. Training is highly customized to each client and can be performed on-site, off-site, or a combination of both. Many clients also request field training with a gradual transition to their own operators as they accumulate real-world experience.
Examples of coursework taught by our specialists:
- Autopilot Systems and Programming
- Multi-Aircraft Operations
- Aircraft Design, Theory and Applications
- Sensors and Aerial Imaging
- Infrared Camera Systems
- Film and Television Cinematography
- Inspection Operations
- FPV and Wireless Video Transmission
- Spectrum Analysis
- LiDar, DSM, Orthomosaic and Georeferencing
- Agricultural Applications
- Data Compilation and Management
- Client Deliverables
- Antenna Systems
- Flight Operations and Management
- Regulations and Compliance
- SMS and CMS programs
- Aircraft Maintenance and Repair
- Advanced Avionics and Flight Control Systems Operation and Programming
“Excellent. Thanks so much! We really enjoyed the work with you guys and got a lot out of the classes.” -Andrea D, NASA-JPL
4. Introduction to Drones
Learn the basics, get off to a great start and save yourself from expensive crashes! See our Drone Introductory Flight Training.
About Our Facilities
- Classroom with A/V systems and free Wi-Fi
- Library with books, manuals, charts, and an extensive digital library with thousands of aviation publications
- Online live scheduling and tracking
- We keep you informed, involved, encouraged, and up-to-date on seminars, classes, safety bulletins, regulation changes, TFRs and aviation events through our bulletins and email blasts
- We are fully TSA-certified and have many resources to assist with logistics and accommodations for foreign students
- Water, coffee, beverages, and snacks available on-site
- RealFlight simulator on 60” screen and massive 22’ wall screen
- Computer-based radio and ATC simulator FREE for all students
- All aircraft, radios and equipment are provided for the training but you may also bring your own systems for make/model specific training
Accessibility / Environment
- Open from 7am to 11pm every day, seven days a week
- Professional but encouraging atmosphere conducive to a positive learning experience
- Experienced and friendly staff to assist in your training efforts
- Our award-winning training methods and unique programs keep you positively engaged
- Great family atmosphere and general camaraderie with plenty of opportunity for sharing training experience with other pilots